This silver Holy Communion/Confirmation Cross Locket Pendant has been designed by Irish silversmiths,comes with a 18″ chain and in a Presentation Box.
First Holy Communion is the common name for a person’s first reception of the sacrament of the Eucharist. Roman Catholics recognize the importance of this event as the Eucharist is the central focus of the sacramental life of the Catholic Church.
Confirmation: Its Definition and Its Effects
Confirmation is the sacrament by which Catholics receive a special outpouring of the Holy Spirit. Through Confirmation, the Holy Spirit gives them the increased ability to practice their Catholic faith in every aspect of their lives and to witness Christ in every situation.
The effects of Confirmation are as follows:
- An increased portion of the gifts of the Holy Spirit: wisdom, knowledge, right judgment, understanding, courage, piety, and fear of the Lord
- A deepening and strengthening of the grace received at Baptism, which is considered the presence of God in the soul
- A more intimate relationship with Jesus Christ
- A closer bond with the Catholic Church
- The ability to take a greater, more mature role in the Church’s mission of living the Christian faith daily and witnessing to Christ everywhere
- A special mark, or character, on the soul that can never be erased.